How To Root Motorola Admiral
We here at The Android Source have compiled what we consider to be the best root guides available for the Motorola Admiral. Some of these guides come from directly from us while others come from some sites that we believe make the cut for a good quality guides to getting your Motorola Admiral rooted. Rooting is a means to grant you, the end user, increase access or permissions to your Motorola Admiral. Not much different than administrator access in windows operating system, root access allows you to perform functions that your Motorola Admiral is set up not to allow you to do. You can run more apps like titanium backup. You may have notice some apps on the Google play store require root access. Install custom ROMs or kernels in order to take customizing your phone to next level and add some extra features! Remember there is always a risk that you can brick your device or render it useable. As such, Root at your own risk. Neither myself, nor theandroidsource.com are responsible should anything happen to your device.
Motorola Admiral Root Guides:
How to root the Admiral ~ ready2root :: Discover how to root your android
MOTOROLA XT603 ADMIRAL - ROOT THAT WORKS - MyDroidWorld
How to root the Motorola Admiral from Linux Ľ Evan's Blog
Rooting the Motorola Admiral - Android Forums
10-30-2012 09:01 PM # ADS
Motorola Admiral - Latest ROOT Guide - January 2013
Guide written in January 2013, based on the LINK#2 from the post above!
Apparently the root method from the post above, in LINK# 2 (universal Motofail) works properly, but the instructions were not clear. Even more, the "run" command you were supposed to type was somehow damaged.
I managed to clean up the batch file (those with knowledge of batch commands, please don't laugh at my inexperienced way of writing it) and I renamed it MotoROOT.bat
In order to easily root the Admiral, I streamlined the process, so you only need to do the following (very simple, even if you never rooted a phone before):
1) Download attachment in the bottom of my post - Unzip all those files in a folder
2) Go to Motorola.com and download the most recent phone drivers for Motorola Admiral XT603 - Install the drivers
3) Go to the phone's SETTINGS / APPLICATIONS / DEVELOPMENT and activate the "USB Debugging" - PUT A CHECK MARK THERE
4) Connect the phone to the computer's USB - When connected, you will see the "USB Connection" activated on your phone - Tap on it from your phone, and select "Charge Only"
5) Go to the folder where you unzipped the files, and run the file named "MotoROOT.bat" ------->>> (in WIN7 or WIN8, RIGHT-CLICK the file and select "Run as Administrator")
6) Simply follow the guide you will see on the screen ... 99 % of the guide, all you have to do is "Press any key to continue ..."
7) If you get stuck, just read the "COMMAND" as it appears on the screen, and paste it in here along with the error you see.
8) That's it. The batch file that I wrote will do all the magic for you. At the end, you should have a rooted phone.
Please note, I CANNOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS - I DID NOT WRITE THE ACTUAL PROGRAM THAT INSTALLS THE ROOT ACCESS ON YOUR PHONE !!!! I simply took those files posted in LINK# 2 from the above post, then I corrected the errors, and I wrote a new batch file, along with some simple debugging instructions.
Based on the original program, this should supply UNIVERSAL ROOT for ANY MOTOROLA PHONE (using the "motofail" application that comes in this archive, written by Dan Rosenberg in 2012 - @djrbliss - please say thanks to him) !!! I have no way of testing it on more phones than the Admiral, but I would assume it will work for any Motorola Android 2.3.x ... possibly for 4.x.x as well.
Enjoy your rooted Motorola Admiral XT603 !!
My anti-virus is picking up the file motofail stating that is a trojan. Can you check on this, please. Thanks.