How to Root DROID Incredible 2.2
*****DOES NOT WORK WITH GINGERBREAD*****
This is a very simple step by step guide to get your DROID Incredible rooted in no time. It uses a one-click method called Unrevoked that has been around since the very beginning and has only gotten better with time. It gives you a full, permanent (but reversible) root with S-OFF (security off) and a custom recovery (clockworkmod) allowing you to do anything you want with your DROID Incredible, including but not limited to: deleting system apps (bloatware), free WiFi tethering, full system backups (nandroids), custom ROMs and kernels, and many more things.
The whole process should realistically take 15-20 minutes. Follow these few easy steps and you will have no issues. This works for all DROID Incredibles with all software versions, and is compatible with Windows, OSX, and Linux.
***Root at your own risk. Neither myself, nor theandroidsource.com are responsible should anything happen to your device.***
If you use OSX or Linux skip to step 3.
1. (Windows only) Install and then uninstall HTC Sync. You can download it from here: HTC Sync - DROID Incredible
2. (Windows only) Follow the instructions for installing Unrevoked's modified hboot drivers found here: public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]
2a. You may need to reboot your PC after installing the drivers
3. Download Unrevoked 3 for your OS from here: unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.32
4. Turn on USB debugging on your DROID Incredible by going to menu > settings > applications > development and checking the box next to "USB debugging"
5. Run Unrevoked on your PC and connect your phone.
6. Sit back and watch Unrevoked do its thing!
11-15-2011 05:09 PM # ADS