Droid X 2 SBF Guide
**This is a simple SBF Guide for returning your Droid X 2 to stock(out of box condition)
theandroidsource.com, nor I take any responsibility for what you do to your device. If you rooted your device, you voided your warranty, if you did not root your device, nor install any ROMs, Scripts or any other things that will void your warranty I would suggest calling VZW. This process will take about 30 minutes to complete, so sit back and get your beverage **
You will need the following, Please make sure you are returning to the firmware that is current, or that was on your device prior to the problems/alterations you have made. Download only that firmware. I posted only one pic to show you the screen of your device, while SBF'ing, the rest is self explanatory.
Froyo 2.2.2 SBF
Gingerbread 2.3.3 SBF
Gingerbread 2.3.4 SBF
RSD Lite 5.3.1 and Motorola Drivers
1. Reboot your computer and your phone after downloading and installing everything and before you go to flash the SBF file. Use 7-zip to extract the SBF file...
2. Once you have rebooted your computer, go ahead and start RSD Lite and point it at the SBF file and plug your USB cable into your computer ONLY!
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Turn the phone on by pressing and holding the POWER AND VOLUME DOWN buttons until you see FASTBOOT. Press volume down until you reach RSD and press volume up once.
5. Plug your phone into your computer and wait until you see it in RSD Lite and click Start.
6. Your phone will reboot when the process is complete. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE FROM THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
7. If the phone boot loops pull the battery and boot into the stock recovery by pressing and holding power and volume down until the phone says FASTBOOT, once the phone says FASTBOOT, press volume down until you see ANDROID RECOVERY, once you see ANDROID RECOVERY, press BOTH the volume up and the volume down buttons. You will see the familiar triangle with the exclamation point and the Android. At this point press volume up and down simultaneously again and select “wipe data/factory data reset” by pressing the power button.
8. Reboot your phone and you should be back to full factory default, like new out of the box.
If you have any other problem with RSD Lite, try running it as administrator in Win 7/Vista...
Last edited by Pixelated; 01-02-2012 at 12:20 PM.
12-12-2011 06:05 PM